Monday, June 15, 2009

Welcome to the Jungle

I went for another couple dives on Saturday and saw a few more sea turtles. I am beginning to love and respect turtles for their tame underwater behavior. Unlike fish, they can't shoot away in the blink of an eye so instead they sort of linger and lazily flap around, unconcerned by anything that we are doing.

Yesterday Meg and I went for a hike through a jungle. It's not like the amazon, but it is more of a jungle than the forests that I'm used to. The hike was beautiful and ended at a waterfall with a swimming hole.

Afterward, we picked up some groceries and went to visit Waikiki - tourist central. It wasn't quite as crowded as I was expecting but there were still plenty of people.

Today I've been working my scuba bookwork and ukulele skills. My scuba gear is scheduled to arrive today so I will go to the shop before they close and pick it up. Meg and I don't have anything planned for tonight but that doesn't mean we won't find something fun to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment