I'm going to try to visit the University of Hawaii today and see if I can talk to some faculty. I went to dinner and a movie with Meg, a friend of hers, and her friend's husband and half brother. It turns out that this half brother, Danny, studies physics at Columbia, is working with engineers without borders in Ghana at the end of the summer, and in the meantime is doing a summer internship in the oceanography department at U Hawaii. What a coincidence! So I got his number and I'm hoping to make a visit to the school today.
I did really well on the dive theory exams yesterday (way better than I expected), picked out the gear that I want to buy, and went for an awesome hike with Meg, finishing up with a short sunset swim at Lanikai Beach. Absolutely gorgeous. I have to figure out how to get to Honolulu now to visit the university.
No comments:
Post a Comment