That is where I am sitting right now.
6am: the sun has just risen on the other side of the house, filling this valley with brilliant sunlight. After two days I've decided there really is something magical about this island. People here are happy, considerate and patient. I noticed this particularly when I drove to the dive shop yesterday. A 20-minute drive took nearly an hour since I have no experience with the roads...yet. Making quick lane changes to avoid getting lost gave the Hawaiians a chance to show their true colors and they were nothing but pleasant. A sort of character that is so perfectly captured by the cheerful rainbow on every license plate I see.
I don't have a solid plan for today yet so I'm thinking of going to the beach. It may be weird since going to the beach is usually not a one-man operation. However I'm sure there will be no problem having a great time there: it is Hawaii after all.
No comments:
Post a Comment