Friday, June 12, 2009

Tips

Yesterday I spent a long time at the dive shop picking out and purchasing all my dive gear. Seriously...not cheap by any stretch of the imagination.

I also managed to get on a couple dives today at the same place as last weekend. This time I was helping a couple instructors from the dive shop lead something called Discover Scuba Diving. There were eight non-divers that we gave an hour-long crash course to and then led for two dives. We left the shop around 11, made it to Shark's Cove around 12, finished up by about 5, and made a quick stop for shrimp on the way back. When we got to the shop around 7, I helped the guys (Carsten and Josh) wash, organize, and put away all the equipment, fill the 22 tanks back up with air, and pack a bunch of gear bags for tomorrow. I'm not going to get paid for it but figured I had no other plans so why not help out. After all, they gave me 1/3 of the tips (thirty bucks each!) which was a surprise to me, so I could at least help them out a bit. They got me on a boat dive for tomorrow which is why I need to get to bed.

One of the rental masks today was a piece of junk so I ended up loaning out my brand new never-before-used mask to one of the customers and spent the whole dive adjusting it and clearing the water that was dripping in from all sides. I bought all my gear but they had to order most of it so the only things I have now are the dive computer and a mask.
As I said, I need to get some sleep. Stay tuned for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment