After going to sleep around 9 last night, I felt great waking up at 6:30. I had breakfast and everything was going well until Mel came bursting through the cabin calmly but deliberately to get the oxygen kit. It turned out that Dave and Tracy had gotten tangled in their line and shot up from 50ft at the end of a 100ft dive. We put them both on oxygen and tried to get them to sit still. They are fine last I checked (some 14 hours after the incident) so that's good. Apparently they only sat out for one dive before getting back in for another 70+ft dive.
After that incident, another dive team had their float caught in the prop on the descent, my team had our float disappear (but got recovered), and it was 100% overcast all day long with wind and rain for the majority of it. We've all had better conditions. Oh, not to mention the Heat lost tonight.
However, the day did have its glows. The food was great, the sunset was stunning, I found a handful of other euchre players, and the diving was amazing. The sites today were easily as good as some (not all) of the better spots in Belize but with more fish than Belize. The 3rd site had pinnacles that were about 20ft high with schools of jacks, snappers, and chub. The diving here is indeed very good.
I'm fitting in more but still feel like a weak link particularly when it comes to knowing my fish. I'm going to have to work on that. It's almost midnight which means it's after bedtime.
After that incident, another dive team had their float caught in the prop on the descent, my team had our float disappear (but got recovered), and it was 100% overcast all day long with wind and rain for the majority of it. We've all had better conditions. Oh, not to mention the Heat lost tonight.
However, the day did have its glows. The food was great, the sunset was stunning, I found a handful of other euchre players, and the diving was amazing. The sites today were easily as good as some (not all) of the better spots in Belize but with more fish than Belize. The 3rd site had pinnacles that were about 20ft high with schools of jacks, snappers, and chub. The diving here is indeed very good.
I'm fitting in more but still feel like a weak link particularly when it comes to knowing my fish. I'm going to have to work on that. It's almost midnight which means it's after bedtime.
No comments:
Post a Comment