We finished diving early today so now I'm washed, dried, snacked, and waiting for dinner.
It turns out that my wrist is worse today. I can only put little pressure on it and can't bend it very far.
Today has been the worst day of the cruise. (I took a nap at this point then had dinner and so now it's much later) It started out with waking up to a dream that Anne Moss was in, reminding me after waking up of how she recently took her life. I then came upstairs to an average breakfast as I discovered that my wrist is much more hurt than I thought. It seems to be a mild sprain. The sun hardly showed itself all morning and only seldom did it appear the rest of the day, of which I was on intern duty meaning I was responsible for helping recover divers all day long. As I came back from my second dive, in my haste to get lunch, I forgot for the first time to take my first stage regulator off my tank and a group of people publicly called me out on it (forgetting results in owing the crew beers). Taking it all in stride, I hurried back inside to get lunch. After about 4 bites, the door opens and Mel in her standard biting, demanding tone hollers in "divers are up and we're lacking in Team 5 interns..." Of the 5 teams of 4 divers, one is selected each day from each team (in rotation) to have intern duty so there are 5 interns each day. Instead of asking me to come out and take a break from lunch, she went for the more roundabout approach which really rubbed me the wrong way. The reason it got to me so much is that it was a buildup of several things. The worst of all of them, as silly and melodramatic as it may sound, is that I don't feel like I'm closely connecting with people on this trip. I don't feel like I am quite as qualified to be here as a fish ID specialist. There are some awesome people on the trip, but I don't feel like I'm really close to any of them. I'm kind of the odd one out. It's weird feeling most comfortable here in my teeny bunk behind the cheesy little frog-themed curtain around the bunk instead of being around people, or even diving for that matter. Honestly I think I'm just being moody and worn out emotionally after 6 full days on board. This being said though, the Heat loss added insult to injury tonight 90-94 putting them down 2-3 in the series. Tomorrow is a new day and I will hopefully have a better attitude. Goodnight.
It turns out that my wrist is worse today. I can only put little pressure on it and can't bend it very far.
Today has been the worst day of the cruise. (I took a nap at this point then had dinner and so now it's much later) It started out with waking up to a dream that Anne Moss was in, reminding me after waking up of how she recently took her life. I then came upstairs to an average breakfast as I discovered that my wrist is much more hurt than I thought. It seems to be a mild sprain. The sun hardly showed itself all morning and only seldom did it appear the rest of the day, of which I was on intern duty meaning I was responsible for helping recover divers all day long. As I came back from my second dive, in my haste to get lunch, I forgot for the first time to take my first stage regulator off my tank and a group of people publicly called me out on it (forgetting results in owing the crew beers). Taking it all in stride, I hurried back inside to get lunch. After about 4 bites, the door opens and Mel in her standard biting, demanding tone hollers in "divers are up and we're lacking in Team 5 interns..." Of the 5 teams of 4 divers, one is selected each day from each team (in rotation) to have intern duty so there are 5 interns each day. Instead of asking me to come out and take a break from lunch, she went for the more roundabout approach which really rubbed me the wrong way. The reason it got to me so much is that it was a buildup of several things. The worst of all of them, as silly and melodramatic as it may sound, is that I don't feel like I'm closely connecting with people on this trip. I don't feel like I am quite as qualified to be here as a fish ID specialist. There are some awesome people on the trip, but I don't feel like I'm really close to any of them. I'm kind of the odd one out. It's weird feeling most comfortable here in my teeny bunk behind the cheesy little frog-themed curtain around the bunk instead of being around people, or even diving for that matter. Honestly I think I'm just being moody and worn out emotionally after 6 full days on board. This being said though, the Heat loss added insult to injury tonight 90-94 putting them down 2-3 in the series. Tomorrow is a new day and I will hopefully have a better attitude. Goodnight.
No comments:
Post a Comment