Saturday, June 2, 2012

2 June - Dry Tortugas

I'm beginning to realize how nice it can be to be disconnected from the word for a while.  Sure there are times throughout the day that I wish I could call someone perhaps about a joke or say how something reminded me of them.  Of course I miss family and friends and being with and talking to Christina on a regular basis.  Aside from that, I'm enjoying being out of touch with the rest of the world.  Another thing I am recognizing is the benefit of being alone/having alone time.  I walked all over Fort Jefferson today alone and it was great to go wherever I wanted without considering anyone else.  Allow me to specify however that this is a good thing in moderation.  I enjoyed getting right back to the group after an hour or so and getting right back into fun and games.

No comments:

Post a Comment