Thursday, January 19, 2012

Remember, Remember

From the top of Table Mountain looking over the city
I want to write about grand adventures and be descriptive and try to paint a picture about something awesome I'm doing.  Alas I have no stories, no grand adventures, no traveling, no scraping by in a cement-floor thatched ceiling room with a hole in the ground for a toilet and a hose for a shower.  My life is decidedly less exotic these days.

I was elected to be the representative for Broadreach today for a fair up in Boca Raton.  It went very well and I enjoyed it more than I anticipated.  However, it got me thinking about all of my experiences tramping across the globe.  I'm talking about adventures like sailing in Hawai'i, moving to the Philippines, seeing a soccer match in Indonesia, hitchhiking across New Zealand, and even hiking in Cape Town (pictured, but not part of this blog).  I love my life and as I've said before I do believe I'm exactly where I need to be but that doesn't mean that I can't indulge myself in reliving memories of my recent nomadic past.

1 comment: