Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Weekend Festivities

Most of this weekend was spent hanging out with Christina because first of all I enjoy it so much and second of all I know that as the semester picks up we'll both have less free time.  It started off with dinner Friday night where we made excellent veggie pasta.  Since everything came together in such a short amount of time last semester, we were hesitant to jump into anything but considered ourselves dating.  During dinner we agreed that we still like each other a whole lot and decided to formally move into the boyfriend/girlfriend stage.

For Saturday I made plans a couple weeks ago to go to a festival with her to a place about 30 minutes south (Homestead) but didn't give her any clues about where we were going or what we were doing.  She had been dying to know any sort of detail but I revealed nothing until we arrived.  The event was the Heritage Festival at the Fruit and Spice Park.  There were local arts and crafts, a little food, and animals all nestled into a large plot of land acting year-round as a picturesque tropical fruit farm where we ironically neither took pictures nor ate tropical fruit.  It was a fantastic morning and afternoon and the surprise was a great success.  After visiting friends and having a game of euchre, we finished the evening off by trying a Mexican restaurant that had been recommended to me which also turned out to be a winner.

The next day I went to church which was not very interesting because our pastor had to leave for Tennessee to speak at a ... what's the word, not conference or convention but along those lines.  This meant that for the first time since I've been going to this church, he invited someone else to give the sermon.  He was decent but it was clear evidence that I really like the regular pastor.  At any rate, after that I went rock climbing then came home in the late afternoon/early evening and stayed in the rest of the night and relaxed.

No comments:

Post a Comment