Last year was wonderful. It was a year of discovering my life path. This time last year I didn't even know what scientific diving was and now I'm teaching it at a college and graduate level. I made friends, learned about myself and others, went to Belize and the Bahamas, got a job, started looking for a house, and really enjoyed life every single day of the year. There were some rough spots but I learned how to overcome them and they taught me how to be a stronger more resilient person.
As for 2012, I don't really have goals other than buying a house. I don't want to necessarily be goal-oriented and focus on the end product this year but I would rather make the best of every day and adapt to any changes that arise as the year progresses. I do not want to tie myself to a specific self-formulated plan. I've tried that and the reason it doesn't work is that we are not in charge of our own lives. We make decisions that lead in certain directions and when we plan for things to happen, often times they do. To say that we are completely in control of our own lives though is a fallacy. The way I have chosen to live my life is not to come up with a plan and force myself and the rest of the world into that agenda. Instead, I do what I love and adapt to what the world offers me, making adjustments here and there as needed, some big and some small. In this way, I don't stress about failing to accomplish goals or being where I "need to be" because that will take care of itself.
To each his or her own. This is my life and that's what works for me. Here's to a happy and joyful 2012!
As for 2012, I don't really have goals other than buying a house. I don't want to necessarily be goal-oriented and focus on the end product this year but I would rather make the best of every day and adapt to any changes that arise as the year progresses. I do not want to tie myself to a specific self-formulated plan. I've tried that and the reason it doesn't work is that we are not in charge of our own lives. We make decisions that lead in certain directions and when we plan for things to happen, often times they do. To say that we are completely in control of our own lives though is a fallacy. The way I have chosen to live my life is not to come up with a plan and force myself and the rest of the world into that agenda. Instead, I do what I love and adapt to what the world offers me, making adjustments here and there as needed, some big and some small. In this way, I don't stress about failing to accomplish goals or being where I "need to be" because that will take care of itself.
To each his or her own. This is my life and that's what works for me. Here's to a happy and joyful 2012!
No comments:
Post a Comment