The rest of the week at Little Salt Spring went well. There were issues that came up as when some of the mapping had been done incorrectly or when two different objects had the same number label and these issues set everything back by at least a day. However, we all worked hard and pulled through on the last day to finish on time.
I made it home safely and spent a good portion of the night at RSMAS with some friends I made in the last few weeks of last semester. It was good to see them again and I'm sure it's the first of many times we'll run into each other. Last night I went to some friends' apartment and watched the Broncos get obliterated by the Patriots. Unfortunately the friends were on the side of Denver. As for me I really don't care too much for the sport but came for the company so I left a bit disappointed.
Today was church and rock climbing. My church has started a year-long focus on grace and so far it's really cool. Of all the churches I've ever been a part of, this is the first one that I feel really lives and breathes what they say and the way the pastor really digs to the core of every message, it speaks to me every week. As for rock climbing, I was there for about 3 hours and got a very solid workout and managed to hit more or less every wall. I love to climb and wish I could go more often.
Tomorrow night Christina comes back to Miami and I can't wait to see her again. Classes officially start the following day although my class does not meet on Tuesdays so I will meet the new clan of students on Wednesday.
In commemoration of MLKJr day tomorrow, here is a video that pays tribute to one of my heroes. When I think of true heroes and inspirational leaders, his is a name that always comes to mind. The point of this video is to remind the world that he did have more to say than his famous "I have a dream" speech. The creator of this video took ten of his favorite quotes and tastefully pieced them together. Enjoy the video and have a happy MLK day!
I made it home safely and spent a good portion of the night at RSMAS with some friends I made in the last few weeks of last semester. It was good to see them again and I'm sure it's the first of many times we'll run into each other. Last night I went to some friends' apartment and watched the Broncos get obliterated by the Patriots. Unfortunately the friends were on the side of Denver. As for me I really don't care too much for the sport but came for the company so I left a bit disappointed.
Today was church and rock climbing. My church has started a year-long focus on grace and so far it's really cool. Of all the churches I've ever been a part of, this is the first one that I feel really lives and breathes what they say and the way the pastor really digs to the core of every message, it speaks to me every week. As for rock climbing, I was there for about 3 hours and got a very solid workout and managed to hit more or less every wall. I love to climb and wish I could go more often.
Tomorrow night Christina comes back to Miami and I can't wait to see her again. Classes officially start the following day although my class does not meet on Tuesdays so I will meet the new clan of students on Wednesday.
I've always wanted to rock climb again. I haven't done it since Young Life camp in middle school. Can I tag along some time?
ReplyDeleteHannah, you can come anytime. I usually try to hit it about once a week and rarely go longer than 2 weeks without climbing. The first climb with the UM climbing club is free.
ReplyDelete