Monday, September 12, 2011

Work It Out

Party off those pounds!
Let me preface this post by saying that there's this thing called Groupon and it's pretty sweet.  The best way I can explain it in my own words is that it is a website in which companies post deals on their products such as 50% off a meal at their restaurant, 60% off a photo shoot at their studio, and perhaps 80% off kite surfing lessons at their beach.  It's a way for the consumer to win on a great deal and a way for the vendor to secure some business both in the short term and in the long run.  Everyone wins.

Since signing up for Groupon about 7 months ago, I've purchased 3 deals.  First, a deal to get a photo professionally printed on a 16"x20" gallery-wrapped canvas that I got for my sister's birthday.  Second, I purchased a discount of $40 worth of food for $20 at a new sushi/Thai restaurant within walking distance (this will be a dinner for two - I'm not eating $40 worth of food).  Finally the third purchase was made just yesterday.  As I was discussing my job with one of my "bosses" last week, the topic of physical fitness came up.  It is so critical to the position that he would have no problem with me taking an hour during the work day to go swimming, running, weight lifting, etc.  This conversation was on my mind when I was looking over the local Groupon offers recently and happened to stumble across a very appropriate one.  It was $20 for $350 worth of fitness classes at MetaBody Fitness.  After thinking about it overnight and deciding to go for it, I now have an allowance of 30 classes between this Tuesday and mid March.  Sure, I'm not going to be the next Richard Simmons (for many reasons) but I think I will enjoy going to an array of different fitness classes over the next few months, especially when I consider the 94% discount I bagged.

If anyone is interested in signing up for Groupon, let me know because I would love it if you used me as a referral - I get $10.  :)

Photo: http://www.thebikinibodydiet.com

No comments:

Post a Comment