Thursday, September 15, 2011

Stimulus Plan

I have determined that one of the ways for me to be happy is to be constantly stimulated.  Much like an 8 year old boy, I can't sit and do the same monotonous thing over and over.  This is one of the reasons I would not last a single month in an office job.  I need change, expansion, development, action, improvement, and constant stimulation.  This explains why automatic cars are so boring to me, why I like to move, why I decide to randomly pick up new hobbies like rock climbing and playing the ukulele, and it helps explain the way I run my life.

I bring this up not due to what the new job is but what it has the potential to be.  UM has one of the top diving programs in the country already, but we don't want to just stop there.  In a conversation I had with my supervisor tonight, we have the potential to earn the respect of THE premier university diving institution in the country.

I am totally amped up about all the possibilities that there are such as the science diving club, the advanced techniques in research diving course, and the eventual masters degree involving diving and field technician training.

If I end up staying in Miami for more than 4 years, it will be specifically for this diving program.  If it continues to grow, it's pretty much the only thing I can see that might keep me here in Miami and for good reason.

It's well past my bedtime but I'll keep updated about any new developments.  Stay tuned for greatness!

No comments:

Post a Comment