Friday, September 16, 2011

Top 10 Rugby Commentating Quotes

From last night's game against Russia, I liked the commentating so much that I started writing down all the funny quotes I heard.  Try to imagine all of these in a Kiwi accent.

10.
-...American defense looking 'slick willy.'

9. (regarding a punt from the American team)
-Fairly dusty looking effort. 
-Looked like a lame duck, didn't it?

8. (in reference to the Russian team)
-That's coming from a country that's known for tackling abrasively.
-Did we see that?  Yes we did.

7. (about an American player who had finished getting bandaged up for a small cut above his eye)
-Now they've strapped his head back together. 

6.
-...and go ahead and hit every Russian like his name's Nick.

5. (with respect to a fight)
-He's got an angry face on, hasn't he?
-Yeah, that's because he hasn't done anything.

4.
-He should be arrested for that haircut.

3.
-He got slapped!  That's why he went all agro.
-Who does that anymore?
-Well I hear women do.

2. (talking about a couple buff American fans)
-Which one's the girl?
-I don't know but one of them is on sterroids.
-They both might be, mate.

1. (from the referee to an American player after a rough play that didn't quite merit a penalty)
-You'll be picking up my laundry tab after this.


Overall, it was a phenomenal game and the US fought their way to a 13-6 victory over the Russians.
I'll post about my job later but for now, enjoy the commentating and the glorious win because it is predicted that it will be our only one of the tournament.

No comments:

Post a Comment