Sunday, March 13, 2011

Another Wonderful Pi Day

For someone who is 24 years old, I really have experienced a great deal. I'm inclined to say this and I would reckon that others would probably agree. Why? In order to make that statement, a comparison must be made. My life experiences have to be compared to another's. Everyone is different and we should not be subjected so readily to comparison. What I'm getting at is that while my list of travels and exotic experiences may be long, it holds no bearing on anyone else. Mine are not better than anyone else's. I am immensely grateful for every opportunity that I have had: particularly the ones that I have taken. I thank God every day for the blessings I have been given and the doors that have been opened to me.

Today is my 24th birthday for which I somehow have an unusual enthusiasm this year. Most of my friends have left for spring break so the will be spent preparing for the trip to the Dry Tortugas and maybe going for a bike ride or pestering whoever is working in the dive shop. Last year's birthday (which I discovered I didn't ever write about) ended up being a fantastic day at the beach, the dive shop, around town, and having a fantastic grilled lobster dinner on Sint Maarten. We'll see how this one goes!

Tomorrow I wake up before 6, drive down to Islamorada, spend the day catching sharks with the group form the Miami Heat, spend the night at the house of our captain, then Wednesday around 4 or 5am, we will spend most of the day traveling to the Dry Tortugas to start catching sharks. I will not be able to update my blog while I'm there but as long as my camera does not break, I will come back with loads of great photos.

Until next time, enjoy this day of Pi (3.14) and talk to a friend you haven't heard from in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment