Sunday, March 6, 2011

Change of Plans

Managers of the team, some players, and several kids from the Miami Heat foundation have been wanting to get in on a shark trip for a long time. To make a long story short, they're coming on the 15th of March which is going to change our Tortugas trip formerly scheduled from the 13th-19th. We now have no plans for the 13th and 14th, will take the group from the Heat out on the 15th, then begin our trip on the 16th and return on the 20th. On one hand, we are going to miss out on a few days of catching sharks and I suddenly have no plans for my birthday (even if plans come about, I have to consider that I will wake up at 5:45 the next morning to get down south for the Heat group). On the other hand, we'll be catching sharks and I'll get to meet one or two of the benchwarmers for the soon-to-be NBA champions.

I met with a professor at RSMAS today (RSMAS is the name of the renowned marine school at the University of Miami). Not much was decided but it has become very likely that I will return to Miami at the end of the summer. She commented more than once on how much my networking over the past few months has impressed her which was a huge compliment. Needless to say, it is difficult to justify leaving the 3rd best marine science school in the country and cutting off the ties I've made to start over somewhere else from scratch.

No comments:

Post a Comment