I hope everyone enjoyed the pictures from the shark trip because there is going to be MUCH more where those came from. I am going to spend my spring break (13th-19th of March) on a boat in the Dry Tortugas with about 5-8 other researchers doing exactly what we do on the other trips. However, doing it so many times and without having students around, we will be able to work with optimal efficiency and catch sharks left and right. Furthermore, the Dry Tortugas National Park has heavy restrictions on fishing so we are expecting to catch many more than we do within 20 miles of Florida. [Image from http://www.tropical-adventure.com/travelguide/archives/dry-tortugas-key-west.shtml]
In addition to spring break and sharks, another post to look forward to is going to come even sooner. I'm meeting with a professor on Monday to talk to her about my academic plans. I will not give any further details because there is a good chance she could say there's nothing I can do.
The other thing out of the ordinary that I am personally anticipating is my birthday which is just around the corner! 3 years ago, I was in Cape Town on the day of my first dive of my life, 2 years ago I was home, last year it was spent in Sint Maarten on a day off work, and this year will be on a boat catching sharks. One week from Monday and I'll be 24 years old. Weird.
Before I go, I must ask to keep 2 people in thoughts and prayers. My uncle Rick, although not in the hospital anymore, is still not in full health. Also, my cousin Claibourne continues to have complications surrounding her pregnancy and is in and out of the hospital more than anyone would like her to be. Thanks a million!

No comments:
Post a Comment