Thursday, February 9, 2012

House Hunting

I finally met up with my realtor today for a couple hours to cruise around town and drive by some of the areas and houses we are interested in.  We weren't able to go in any of them but the morning was worthwhile.  I'm starting to learn that the market right now is very competitive.  I feel like a lioness stalking prey patiently biding my time but when I finally find the one I want, it's going to be a pounce and a fight to get it.  There have been instances where buyers are so competitive that after viewing a house they will put the key in the door and break it off so no one else can get in and see it for a few days while the lock gets fixed.  Overall there really isn't much of a selection which is a hard reality to accept for someone who is determined to move into a place of his own.

The key is patience.  Mine is wearing out but I need to grasp it with both hands and never let it go.  Being such a big investment, I'm not going to jump into anything unless I'm sure it's what I want.  The only thing is that as soon as it comes on the market, I have a very short time to make the decision whether I want it for sure or not or else someone else will pull it out from under me.

No comments:

Post a Comment