Monday, December 26, 2011

Too Much to Ask?

Flying into Salt Lake City.  Not much snow in sight.
All I want is some snow.  Talking to a semi-professional skier friend of mine who grew up and still resides in Salt Lake, I found out that this is the worst ski season of at least the past 20 years.  Pretty much all the snow on the mountain is man-made and quite a bit of it is icy.  Frankly it's what I'm used to skiing in the East except now the runs are much longer.  I always seem to have big ski trips at times when the weather is not cooperative.

This being said, I'm still having a fantastic time here in Utah, I enjoy the skiing, love being with family, and I am thrilled to see mountains.  Even with horrible ski conditions, I still consider this trip a great success.  Merry Christmas to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment