Wow, a lot has happened and I've been so busy that I haven't been able to say anything about it. I won't quite pick up where I left off but I'll at least hit the highlights that have been going on since then which consist of three things: end of the semester, motor boating certification course, and Christina.
1) The semester finished up about a week and a half ago. It marked the first time I have ever had to grade twelve 8-12 page papers which as I have discovered is not as exciting as one might think. For my first semester, I think I have performed well in my new position. The lab that I manage on main campus is much more organized now than it was when I first arrived and every one of the diving students is much improved from day 1. There are 1 or 2 who are still struggling but they are at least as good or better than the average recreational diver. As for the others, they are far beyond recreational dive industry standards and are really great divers now.
2) Over the past week, I have been taking the Motorboat Operator Certification Course (MOCC). This is a course offered around the country by the Department of the Interior and is designed to give a lot of academic and hands-on training at operating a small power boat. The day I heard this class was offered through UM I was begging to be put on the waiting list for it and that was when I was willing to pay for it. Now they've enrolled me and haven't asked for a dime because their plan is to eventually have me teaching this course as well. The course was a bit of a breeze since I have so much boating experience but it was still loads of fun.
3) There's this girl and her name is Christina. I have liked Christina since early October which makes about 2 and a half months. I didn't know it then, but she has liked me since pretty much the same time. She is a masters student from Texas, is essentially a dive instructor, and we can't seem to get enough of each other. The only thing that's really caused a problem is that she has been one of my students. Due to something called conflict of interest, I am forbidden to hang out with students outside of class until grades are out of my hands so until the night of the 8th, we were forced to be apart. (We actually did such a good job of it that I still questioned if she really liked me - that being said, I am pretty oblivious to that sort of thing.) Since the 8th, we have been spending as much time together as possible (which includes the MOCC course we were coincidentally signed up for together by UM). A few hours ago I finally dropped her off at the airport and it is starting to sink in that a week and a half of being together non-stop is going to make a month apart particularly difficult. Christina really is absolutely stunning but my stance is one that is reflected by one of my basic life philosophies: if it is meant to happen, it will come together but if it dies away then so be it. There's no sense in forcing anything that shouldn't have to be forced. If instead it grows, which is what I'm really hoping for, then that would be wonderful. I'm not committing myself to what may or may not be but I'm along for the ride and I'm going to make the best of whatever happens.
There is a lot to look forward to in the coming month but since it's getting late and I'm terribly tired, I'm going to have to save all of that for later.
1) The semester finished up about a week and a half ago. It marked the first time I have ever had to grade twelve 8-12 page papers which as I have discovered is not as exciting as one might think. For my first semester, I think I have performed well in my new position. The lab that I manage on main campus is much more organized now than it was when I first arrived and every one of the diving students is much improved from day 1. There are 1 or 2 who are still struggling but they are at least as good or better than the average recreational diver. As for the others, they are far beyond recreational dive industry standards and are really great divers now.
2) Over the past week, I have been taking the Motorboat Operator Certification Course (MOCC). This is a course offered around the country by the Department of the Interior and is designed to give a lot of academic and hands-on training at operating a small power boat. The day I heard this class was offered through UM I was begging to be put on the waiting list for it and that was when I was willing to pay for it. Now they've enrolled me and haven't asked for a dime because their plan is to eventually have me teaching this course as well. The course was a bit of a breeze since I have so much boating experience but it was still loads of fun.
3) There's this girl and her name is Christina. I have liked Christina since early October which makes about 2 and a half months. I didn't know it then, but she has liked me since pretty much the same time. She is a masters student from Texas, is essentially a dive instructor, and we can't seem to get enough of each other. The only thing that's really caused a problem is that she has been one of my students. Due to something called conflict of interest, I am forbidden to hang out with students outside of class until grades are out of my hands so until the night of the 8th, we were forced to be apart. (We actually did such a good job of it that I still questioned if she really liked me - that being said, I am pretty oblivious to that sort of thing.) Since the 8th, we have been spending as much time together as possible (which includes the MOCC course we were coincidentally signed up for together by UM). A few hours ago I finally dropped her off at the airport and it is starting to sink in that a week and a half of being together non-stop is going to make a month apart particularly difficult. Christina really is absolutely stunning but my stance is one that is reflected by one of my basic life philosophies: if it is meant to happen, it will come together but if it dies away then so be it. There's no sense in forcing anything that shouldn't have to be forced. If instead it grows, which is what I'm really hoping for, then that would be wonderful. I'm not committing myself to what may or may not be but I'm along for the ride and I'm going to make the best of whatever happens.
There is a lot to look forward to in the coming month but since it's getting late and I'm terribly tired, I'm going to have to save all of that for later.
Hey man =D Long time no see buddy, so this girl is from Texas eh? Where in Texas? I happen to be in Dallas right now, just moved here not long ago, you should come for a visit =D Hope you're well man, sorry I haven't been keeping up with your blog lately!
ReplyDeleteJames!!! Hey yeah she's from Dallas and we're playing around with the idea of trying to see each other during my hour and a half layover there tomorrow on my way to Utah. What are you doing in Dallas anyway? What have you been up to?
ReplyDeleteBy the way, this is James Wang from high school, I just realized this wasn't linked to my facebook profile lol.
ReplyDeleteCheck your facebook and give me a call =D New job in Dallas, I'm in finance now lol (Ms. Hubbard called me a sell out =( hehe)
ReplyDelete