Friday, June 10, 2011

Together Again

We don't choose our families. We all know and hopefully understand this concept, with the exception of course of marrying into a family but that's not what I'm getting at.

We don't choose our families but we're are bound by humanity to respect and love them. In every culture I've seen, family is of great importance. There are of course those who don't fit with this generalization but my understanding is that regardless of who your family is or what they've done, you have to at least show respect.

We don't choose our families and I want the world to know that if I could, I wouldn't pick any other. My mom is one of four children and my dad, one of five so the size of my family is above average and the love they show is likewise above average. They started trickling in today for Liza's wedding and there are many I haven't seen in over 2 years. It's been a huge treat to visit with them and I look forward to the time we can spend together in the next few days.

I would not be who I am today without my immediate and extended family and I love them all.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way about my family. The older I get, the more I realize how awesome and amazing they are.

    ReplyDelete