Monday, June 6, 2011

Isn't "Busy Summer" Supposed to be an Oxymoron?

Boy oh boy, who ever thought that summer would be so hectic and busy? I certainly didn't. I hate to do this, but if I don't simply list out what I've done, it will never be written down. I haven't had much sleep lately but I swear I'll have more time to write later.

After a week of working at the Broadreach office, I went to staff training. Remember, I'm going to be leading two trips to Belize (information can be found here).

Before staff training was finished, with only the staff party remaining, I shared heartfelt goodbyes with other trip leaders and went on my way with Liza to our hometown of good old Charleston, WV to see a good childhood friend of ours be wed. The 5-6 hour drive put us at the after-rehearsal-dinner party for the last 45 minutes of it. The wedding and reception the next day were fantastic and it was great to see them again.

We came back today and started packing since Liza moves out tomorrow. While doing so, I watched the Heat beat the Mavericks in Dallas in the NBA finals to give Miami a 2-1 lead in the series. Tomorrow I have some things to sort out at the Broadreach office then we need to pick up a Uhaul, load it up, and be gone by 12 at the absolute latest.

Seeing as it's after midnight, I would be wise to call it a night and go to bed. I promise future posts will be more interesting than this boring one. Thanks for sticking it out and keep checking back: I should be posting again by next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment