This will be quick because we have dives tomorrow.
We took the diving class to Bonaire for spring break to do all of the diving required for the course. During the week here, we've done a lot. Today in particular, we did a well-known wreck dive to 30m (the Hilma Hooker), snorkeled with a manta ray, had a little bit of down time, did another dive farther down on the south end of the island, made dinner, got gelato, and would have done a night dive if the swells and visibility would have been in our favor.
The most memorable part of the day is definitely being in the water with the manta ray. The group agreed that my reaction to being the one to see it and "sound the alarm" was about as good as actually being in the water with the manta. I've never seen one before and I wanted to make sure everyone knew where it was so I started screaming and flailing about. It got the job done because everyone in our group was able to come see it before it swam past. It's incredible how quickly they can move with just a single flap of their wings. I was amazed how graceful this 10ft wide creature was. It really took my breath away.
Another memorable part of the day would have to be going to breakfast and having most of the class wish me a happy birthday when I didn't even tell them that it was my birthday. It was a really nice touch and I appreciated it a ton.
I'm very excited for Christina to come in less than a day and a half!
The most memorable part of the day is definitely being in the water with the manta ray. The group agreed that my reaction to being the one to see it and "sound the alarm" was about as good as actually being in the water with the manta. I've never seen one before and I wanted to make sure everyone knew where it was so I started screaming and flailing about. It got the job done because everyone in our group was able to come see it before it swam past. It's incredible how quickly they can move with just a single flap of their wings. I was amazed how graceful this 10ft wide creature was. It really took my breath away.
Another memorable part of the day would have to be going to breakfast and having most of the class wish me a happy birthday when I didn't even tell them that it was my birthday. It was a really nice touch and I appreciated it a ton.
I'm very excited for Christina to come in less than a day and a half!
No comments:
Post a Comment