Almost 2 days from my departure from Miami and I have not packed a thing. A lot has happened since my last post.
I have been on three shark trips collecting a total of 1 lemon, 4 nurses, 3 sandbars, and a scalloped hammerhead. My favorite was the scalloped hammer because they are very rare to find and I ended up being the one on top of the shark holding it down. It's my favorite place to be when we have sharks on board and because we are such a versatile team and trade roles constantly, it's rare to end up being in the right place at the right time to be the one to pin the shark down. Anyway, 90 drumlines, 8 sharks. Populations have indeed declined by over 90% over the past few decades, no doubt about it.
The Miami Heat are now into the second round of the NBA playoffs and are up 2 games to 0 against the Boston Celtics. Go Heat! On the European front, FC Barcelona has ousted Real Madrid in the Champions League semifinals which is another notable victory.
A month ago, Natalie and I decided that we will not continue our relationship past the time we leave Miami. I'm leaving in about 2 days and decided to finally make it official. I'm back to being single, but certainly have no hard feelings against her. Being single seems to be the easiest thing for me.
The instructor for my graduate diving course told us last week that the grading would be pretty strict: someone once got a 95% on the in-water portion of the final exam. Because of this warning, I was somewhat surprised to hear today that my grade was a 100%. The instructor of the course has offered me the potential of a TA position for next semester. I'm not first in line based on my student status but he said I'm near the top of his list and I have a good chance getting the position assuming administration follows through. He also mentioned the very likely possibility of certifying me as a GUE diver as well which would be phenomenal. If it happens, I'll explain a lot more about what GUE is. In the mean time, you're more than welcome to look it up.
I have been on three shark trips collecting a total of 1 lemon, 4 nurses, 3 sandbars, and a scalloped hammerhead. My favorite was the scalloped hammer because they are very rare to find and I ended up being the one on top of the shark holding it down. It's my favorite place to be when we have sharks on board and because we are such a versatile team and trade roles constantly, it's rare to end up being in the right place at the right time to be the one to pin the shark down. Anyway, 90 drumlines, 8 sharks. Populations have indeed declined by over 90% over the past few decades, no doubt about it.
| Here I am securing the hammerhead. Photo Credit: unnamed volunteer |
The Miami Heat are now into the second round of the NBA playoffs and are up 2 games to 0 against the Boston Celtics. Go Heat! On the European front, FC Barcelona has ousted Real Madrid in the Champions League semifinals which is another notable victory.
A month ago, Natalie and I decided that we will not continue our relationship past the time we leave Miami. I'm leaving in about 2 days and decided to finally make it official. I'm back to being single, but certainly have no hard feelings against her. Being single seems to be the easiest thing for me.
The instructor for my graduate diving course told us last week that the grading would be pretty strict: someone once got a 95% on the in-water portion of the final exam. Because of this warning, I was somewhat surprised to hear today that my grade was a 100%. The instructor of the course has offered me the potential of a TA position for next semester. I'm not first in line based on my student status but he said I'm near the top of his list and I have a good chance getting the position assuming administration follows through. He also mentioned the very likely possibility of certifying me as a GUE diver as well which would be phenomenal. If it happens, I'll explain a lot more about what GUE is. In the mean time, you're more than welcome to look it up.
We gotta get you up here!! Get packin'!
ReplyDelete