Friday, May 13, 2011

I've Got the Month of May


Despite the constant distractions that kept popping up, I managed to eventually get everything packed away either into my car or the closet. My room in Miami now looks completely bare aside from the vacant furniture.

I am the kind of person to have a lot of different friends and whenever I hang out, it's often with a group. I've honestly forgotten how nice it is to sit and talk with one person for several hours but a good friend of mine helped me realize just how enjoyable that can be. Sure it meant I didn't go to bed until around 4am with tons of packing to be done by my morning departure, but it was well worth it. I finished all that needed to be done in the morning, left Miami on schedule at 11:45, and powered through boredom all the way to Raleigh arriving around midnight.
Me and Liza immediately following her graduation.  Photo: Dad
 For anyone who knows me, you know that my sister is one of my favorite people in the world. Her graduation was the reason of my early drive up to North Carolina instead of staying in Miami to dive, work, play, socialize, and see some Miami friends graduate. It is with great pride that I announce she successfully completed a masters degree in speech pathology at UNC Chapel Hill and within a week secured a permanent job in Charlotte. Yeah, she's pretty awesome. If you talk to her do not only congratulate her on those things but also on her upcoming wedding in less than a month and her birthday tomorrow!

My plan is to remain in North Carolina until Broadreach training starts toward the end of the month. If anyone is around or knows of anything fun to do (preferably outdoors), please let me know.

1 comment:

  1. You are the BEST! Thanks for being a friend through thick and thin!

    ReplyDelete