Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Neglect

I must express sincere apologies to myself and those of you who used to read regularly. My good blogging habits have somehow fallen to the wayside like a stale cookie that's been sitting out for a week with some ants or dust accumulating on it. Let me assure you that is not what I want my blog to look like. In reality I do have good intentions to keep things fresh and exciting. Recently however, my life has not been exciting when compared to my previous travels. I haven't been racing in Hawaii, making plans to up and leave the country, diving in the Philippines, going to traditional Hindu ceremonies, fighting airlines, working on mega-yachts, or diving the Red Sea.

I have been enjoying life as much as ever, but the narrative simply is not riveting at all. “But Robbie, certainly you must be doing SOMETHING down in Miami that is interesting,” you might say. This is in fact true. However, what I've been doing is going to class, playing in the orchestra, going to church and bible study, watching the occasional film, and doing homework. To me, these are interesting activities to do but boring things to write about. Maybe I can write a post about how I slay a mighty dragon, go to Mars, save the world, or something else along those lines where I stretch the truth just enough to make you wonder whether or not I'm being entirely honest.

My time is running out to make up my mind about next semester. The ideas I have had include:
Working for gvi in the Seychelles
Working for Frontier in Madagascar or Tanzania
(both of which I found out about tonight so the probability I'll do one of them is next to nothing for the time being)
Move to French Polynesia and work as a dive instructor while working on fluency in French
Tap back into the yachting industry
Come back to UM and take more classes

The probability of returning as a student is the highest. The others are listed because I don't want to close doors. I'm not worried about what the next step in my life will be, nor am I dying to know. I am praying for guidance and trusting that I will be exactly where I need to be. Life is so much less stressful that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment