Moving back into college life has been a funny transition. I'm mixed in with tons of people who are as much as 5 years younger than I am. It's not really so much an issue except considering where I've been, what I've seen, the things I've done, and experiences I've had, the differences between me and a recent high school graduate are pretty huge. I don't consider myself high and mighty at all; I'm just trying to point out one of the ways college life is different for me now than it was during my 4 years at Denison. A friend of mine shared some words of wisdom with me recently, reminding me that this shouldn't be like Denison; there's no point in comparing the two because there is something unique to be taken away from both. If Miami was the same as Denison, what would I be getting out of it? There are great people here and I continue to make friends.
The only “complaint” that I have at the moment is that I'm not busy enough. I am very involved in the Christian scene on and off campus, have a lot of time invested into music, am taking 3 full Marine Science classes, going to ultimate frisbee when possible, and still manage to spend hours on the internet every night. I am still pursuing research/volunteer/lab/field/work opportunities for professors at the Marine Science campus and will keep posted what comes of that.
As for this weekend, I'm headed off to Campus Crusade's Fall Retreat. I'm not sure what the schedule looks like while we're there or what we'll be doing but I hope to come away cleansed and refreshed from the inside out.
Life has been having clear ups and downs but overall I still believe I'm where I need to be doing what I need to be doing.
No comments:
Post a Comment