Saturday, September 18, 2010

Facelift

For those of you who've been keeping up with the blog, you probably notice a couple obvious differences. I've not only put up a travel map to give a better idea of where I've been but I changed the entire design template of the blog entirely. I think the new look is a little more sophisticated and the colors are more pleasing to the eyes. Feedback is always welcome!

I'm having mixed feelings about Miami. For some reason, I can't seem to stop juxtaposing it with Hawaii and the only ways Miami has a clear win over our 50th state is that it has a school that I like much more and I can drive more than an hour in the same direction without going into the ocean. The most important thing is that I'm going to the right school. I know I'm in the right place even if it's taking me a little time to warm up to living in a big city. The next couple months might also improve my relationship with the location as everyone back home is covered with frost, snow, and ice and I'm still going to the beach. Then again, not the most important thing.

West Palm Beach bike ride in June
I've been looking into options for internships, jobs, careers, unpaid temporary experience-based positions, and more school. The theme of the next 2-3 weeks is going to be figuring out my next move. I don't promise to have a post-December plan by then, but I will hopefully be a little closer to knowing what I'll do.

Living room at Rafael's house - the setup constantly changes
In the mean time, I'll keep making friends (which is going very well – I often surprise people when they discover I've only been in the state for less than a month), continue the school work, looking ahead, and updating the blog with pictures such as this one of the main living space in the house. On second thought, it turns out my computer will not read my card so you'll have to settle for this old picture from when I went bike riding in West Palm Beach (a couple hours north of Miami) in June.  Aha!  I finally got the picture to come through.  I'll leave it to you to figure out which is which.

1 comment:

  1. Love the new look, and glad you aren't living on a path on the beach! :)

    ReplyDelete