Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Dusting Things Off

Wow.  It's been quite a while.  Life in a nutshell since my last post:

  • I've gained enormous experience at my job and feel like I offer a lot of value to the University.
  • I have now done decompression diving below 220ft on a mixed gas closed circuit rebreather.
  • I celebrated my 5 year college reunion.
  • I joined a community orchestra where I am able to play with a symphony again.
  • I am also playing viola for church whenever they ask me to (monthly-ish basis).
  • Christina and I recently broke up after 4 and a half years.  Single life has been unusual but I'm getting by.
  • Church has been the source of my best friends.
  • My legendary passport expires in 6 months.  This isn't huge news but this is my travel blog so where else can I lament about the imminent loss of the most decorated passport I'll ever own?  I hear they're never going to add pages to passports again so even if I do some crazy traveling in the future, I can never again have as many stamps as I now have.
  • I started renting out the spare bedroom of the house so I can't easily have friends or family visit like they used to.  I tried to keep the spare room available but after a few years of having far fewer visitors than anticipated, I figured it was better to rent it out than keep it empty.
  • I still love life every day, just as I always have.

No comments:

Post a Comment