Friday, September 6, 2013

After a While

Thank goodness Blogspot auto-saves the entries that I type even when I accidentally try deleting them!  Here's what I had typed up:

Life has been pretty good lately.  I'm progressing in my job, I'm still in a wonderful relationship with Christina, I still and always love my family, and am pursuing God a little more actively.

Professional life:
The building my office is in will be torn down but before that happens, the school is giving us a new dive office.  We will be moving in October into the new space and I am very excited for the move.  The semester started up a week or so ago and it is the 3rd semester where I am the full-time Assistant Diving Safety Officer, 5th semester I've been an employee at the university, and it is the 6th time that I am being a part of this scientific diving course (the first time was as a student).  I continue to feel like a valuable employee to my employer, particularly by putting together computer-based modules with a lot of the academic information.  I have turned all of our dive theory lectures (which make up half of the semester - 24-28 hours worth of material) into online modules that the students can access any time they please.  I constantly ask for suggestions on what to change and how to make them better and have still gotten almost nothing negative back in return.  The best compliment was when a student admitted to wondering who UM hired to write and narrate the modules.  I was very flattered.
I spent two weeks working for Broadreach again on a new trip called Bonaire Advanced Scuba where we spent two weeks in Bonaire teaching Advanced and Rescue Diver certifications as well as several specialties.

Personal life:
I still do and always will love my family.  In looking back at previous posts, I am immensely ashamed to admit that I haven't said anything about the birth of my first niece Scarlett.  Liza gave birth on March 2nd to a beautiful baby girl.  Unfortunately I won't be able to see them tomorrow when Christina and I are flying through their city on our way up to Ohio to go to a college friend's wedding (maybe you all remember Matt), but I'm sure I'll see them another time.  We will see my parents, Matt and his new wife, and Richard and his new girlfriend.  Matt and Richard are two of the six Physics majors who graduated with me from Denison.  I have hardly seen them since graduation but have kept better contact with them than just about any other fellow grads.  It will be Christina's first time to Ohio and thus her first time seeing where I grew up.  I'ave been going to a community group through my church lately (you might call it a Bible study but it's not exactly) with some other guys about my age and it's been pretty good so far.  Details to come after I go more often.

Life:
Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment