 |
| Full car load during move-out |
Don't worry, I'm not moving. This time it's Christina. She's finally getting out of her apartment and away from the landlord who only invokes horrible stories from her about how he tries to rip her off all the time. Anyway she never has to deal with him again and I'm happy about that. Getting back to my point, a friend who now lives about a mile away is leaving her room in a shared house for the summer and Christina is subletting her room for the next 3 months. Since her internship is for 12 months, this first quarter of the year will be beneficial in deciding what she wants in terms of housing (particularly location) for the following 3 quarters, i.e. whether or not the commute is worth relocating away from civilization.
During the process, she is also working full time 8:30-4:30, 5 days a week as well as studying for her comprehensive exam for the masters program. I came over to help her move and managed to fill her car with nearly her entire apartment (there is a hybrid bicycle under there). One of her possessions that gave us the most trouble was my Valentine's Day gift to her: a wisteria plant that has grown a surprising amount. In fact it has shown so much growth that it required us to build a support structure for it out of bamboo and sewing thread. The only place in the car that it would safely fit was at my feet.
 |
| Driving with plants |
 |
| Moving help came in an unexpected way |
From there, we loaded up the car and brought everything back to my house since her friend has not yet left for the summer so the room is unavailable at the moment (she's staying on the couch until the friend has left in about 10 days). When we made it back to my house and started moving her things inside, Christina spotted a cute little kitten and we've now both fallen in love with it. We refuse to feed or house it but it is the most precious and playful little thing I've seen in a long time and it's nearly impossible to just walk away. We haven't named it (at least not yet) and I'm kind of actually hoping that it just disappears. I am not in any position to have a pet, not with my crazy work schedule where I'm hardly in Miami for half the summer. I know I can't handle a pet right now but I haven't chased it away from the house with a broom and I don't think I will. It hasn't been doing any harm by sleeping on my front porch and until it does start causing harm, I don't mind this friendly little visitor.
No comments:
Post a Comment