Friday, March 5, 2010

Oh the Possibilities

One of my diving students is really cool. I've been hanging out with him a ton since he came in last week. He works on boats and we were talking last night about the jobs that are available for divers in the sailing/yachting industry. He told me that during the English racing season, work is easy to find cleaning boats or even working on the boats as part of the crew. Apparently it is very lucrative and he pretty much guaranteed that he could find me a job for a month after summer camp is over. I haven't made any plans post-summer camp and so working for a month in England for all the boats coming through sounds quite appealing. Certainly there's a lot to think about and many other ideas to consider. I'll keep the blog very up to date with any ideas that come my way.

2 comments:

  1. Robbie, your posts are a day ahead! I heard that some programs thought it was a Leap Year this year - maybe that's the reason? Andy may have some leads on boats, and I've another young friend who worked on a Dutch boat for a couple of years - I'll ask her for suggestions, too. Working on big boats is definitely a way to see the world and to make pretty good money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sally, thanks for the heads up on the crazy computer time warp going on. Blogger is not the only one doing it to me. That's shocking to think that the computers would kind of screw it up.
    I'm probably going to make another post within a couple days about new thoughts and possibilities. I'm in a frenzy right now to try to figure out my life. One of the things I have to figure out very very soon is whether to go take day classes at some university for a semester while also diving/boating or go off to England for a month and then find another job as a dive instructor somewhere in the world when all the boats leave the UK. I would totally appreciate any contacts or any sort of connections you have for me. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete