
And I'm not talking about World of Warcraft.
Let's establish a few basic things:
Am I here? Yes. I'm on my bed in Puerto Galera, more or less my final destination.
Are there difficulties? Yes.
Was Manila crazy? No, thanks to the Fajardo family. They seriously saved me in Manila. The hospitality and friendliness they showed surpassed any 5-star hotel.
Is it wet? Every day the sky is covered with clouds. I have yet to see a single patch of blue sky.
Is it beautiful? It is remarkably gorgeous here, particularly in Mindoro.
Am I going through culture shock? Yes.
Am I tired? I'm exhausted.
Are there any other white people there? Hardly. I see maybe 2-5 per day.
Is the food good? It is, but you don't want to know what it is.
Am I in over my head? You bet I am. I would classify this as "way over my head."
Is it fun? Well, in my twisted sense of the word, yes. I suppose I am having fun.
I have a zillion things to say but I don't know how. It pains me that not matter how hard I try, my linguistic skills will not be able to convey my experience. Sure I will try, but I'm a little bit on overload right now. Leaving the comfort of the Fajardo house and stepping out completely on my own going to Puerto Galera was like stepping into another world. Details will come, maybe after dinner and a cold shower before I go to bed. I'll see what I can do. As for now, just know that at this very moment I am very much out of my comfort zone and the internet is the only thing that's familiar.
Thanks for the updates, dude! I'm thinking about you all the time!
ReplyDeleteSure thing. I'm doing my best to keep updating. A lot has happened in the past 12 hours. I've had about 3 days worth of experiences within that time.
ReplyDeleteIt's good that you're writing as much as you can! You'll be so happy you have this log years down the road!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe you are there!
ReplyDeleteSounds hectic. I hope you keep posting, because I love reading this! Good luck!!
ReplyDelete