For anyone (such as yours truly) unfamiliar with March and April with respect to termites, let the records show that those two months are termite swarming months. Although I didn't kill any today, I've found and killed about 50 over the past 3 days. I've found a significant amount of ants outside the house but very few inside yet. I have come across 2 dead cockroaches, one in the laundry room and one in my bedroom although that one wasn't entirely dead as it turned out. I have a trivial leak in the Florida room ceiling and fairly serious but inconsequential leaking into the screened-in patio. They are first world problems, yes. However, they're still things that demand my attention as well as a long list of other things. This has been a mentally demanding process, this buying a house thing.
Next weekend I'm flying up to Ohio to flag any furniture of mine in the basement which will be sent down to Miami for the new place. It is going to be a lot of work sitting around in the basement sifting through two full storage shelves of things ranging from 1st grade writing assignments up through furniture. At least I'll be able to see my family.
UPDATE: Since posting, the termite count seems to have dropped considerably. I have only found one in nearly a week. I know that they're not gone just because I haven't seen them in a while but it is a sign that swarming season is coming or has come to an end.
Next weekend I'm flying up to Ohio to flag any furniture of mine in the basement which will be sent down to Miami for the new place. It is going to be a lot of work sitting around in the basement sifting through two full storage shelves of things ranging from 1st grade writing assignments up through furniture. At least I'll be able to see my family.
UPDATE: Since posting, the termite count seems to have dropped considerably. I have only found one in nearly a week. I know that they're not gone just because I haven't seen them in a while but it is a sign that swarming season is coming or has come to an end.
No comments:
Post a Comment