Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Hunger

I finished a book today in nearly record time.  Today is Wednesday.  I began on Monday.

The Hunger Games is a riveting science fiction novel where North America has been divided and ruled with a bit of an iron fist by The Capitol.  Food is scarce and much in this world is heavily regulated and watched.  One boy and one girl from each of the 12 districts are forced to be pitted against one another to survive.  The idea of the game is simple: if you're the last one alive, you win.  Character development is great, and there's never much of a dull moment as the book naturally beckons you to keep turning to the next page.  Now I'll have to see the movie.

As for my life otherwise, it's still great.  I was able to visit family (Margie, Karin, Mandy, and parents) over the weekend in Naples, then some of them (parents and Mandy) came to visit me in Miami.  Today Rick left right after class for 2 and a half weeks in Australia which means that I'm in charge of the diving program.  After class, my visitors took Christina and I out to lunch on Key Biscayne which was fantastic after which we dropped her off at RSMAS and I drove them around a bit before they left.

The housing process is still under way.

No comments:

Post a Comment