This is not to say that I've been dismembered, but rather that I'm going to fill you in with tidbits of my life as of late.
School:
I decided to change my schedule around and I am now auditing Thermodynamics (finally math and physics again!!!!!). It's still early, but it just doesn't seem as if it will be anywhere near the standard that the Denison Physics Department was. You never know how good you have it until you don't have it anymore. My other class (best class of my life) is called Research Techniques in Diving which is a graduate level course that covers a wide variety of diving skills in the context of scientific research. I will be honing and perfecting my skills as a diver as well as learning how to properly collect data underwater. I am super excited.
Work:
I will be working Tuesdays and Thursdays in Dr. Glynn's lab where I'll classify marine invertebrates just like last semester. I was accepted for the internship position with Dr. Hammerschlag's shark lab and will spend several weekends (primarily just occasional Fridays) going out on the boats doing who knows what. The schedules were set today and it turns out that I'll have much more free time on weekends than I thought which leaves plenty of time to work in the dive shop on the side if I so choose.
Climbing:
I am now an official part of the UM Climbing Club! It's going to be the best 50 dollars I've spent in a very long time. The money covers my intro lesson, a club jersey, rental gear, a 50% discount on climbing shoes, and 5 months of unlimited access to the largest climbing gym in the state. What more could I ask? I had my crash course this afternoon and climbed for about 30 minutes at which point my forearms were throbbing. No pain no gain, eh?
In other news:
I have an uncle who has been spending a lot of time in the hospital to have a kidney stone removed. Please keep him in your prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment